We are seeking a motivated, experienced Technical Writer to join our company. As part of our fast-paced entrepreneurial team, you will work closely with our world-class engineers to ensure our software documentation exceeds customer expectations.
- Communicate and collaborate with team members and stakeholders to plan, develop, and produce high-quality information products in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Independently gather information from sources such as technical and nontechnical subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop, organize and write understandable and accurate technical documents.
- Play an active lead role in formulating the documentation strategy for the company. Help select publishing tools and define styles, templates, and standards for a wide range of documentation. This will include product guides, wikis and knowledge base articles, as well as online content delivered via our website.
- Manage deployment and changes to documents across the lifecycle, from initial distribution to ongoing updates. Maintain accurate version control and change management procedures.
- Work closely with internal and external partners, such as graphics experts, user experience designers, localization teams, customer service teams, marketing, and operations staff as necessary.
- Ensure projects adhere to schedules and deadlines. Work on multiple simultaneous projects, independently setting work priorities to meet changing deadlines and scope-of-work definitions with minimal supervision.
- Minimum of 5 years of technical writing experience, preferably working in a smaller software company.
- Working knowledge of common publishing tools, including Microsoft and Adobe products, and a basic familiarity with common enterprise IT concepts.
- Self-motivated and productive with minimal day-to-day supervision, including the ability to work in a distributed environment with remote teams.
- Ability to thrive in chaotic fast-paced environments, managing multiple competing objectives, and adapting quickly to change, as well as the ability to prioritize and juggle tasks to consistently meet short deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree required; software engineering, computer science, or other technical concentration preferred.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to welcome you to our team!