We are seeking a motivated, experienced individual to join our team as a Senior Software Engineer, working with our world-class team to ensure our software exceeds customer expectations. This is a remote position, and candidates should be comfortable working independently or on very small teams.
- Design, develop, test, and document solutions according to our software development cycle.
- Participate in the definition of key development processes, as well as the deployment of new tools and infrastructure components.
- Assist with supporting VirtualZ software on new or updated platforms and operating systems, and by developing third-party product integrations.
- Diagnose and resolve any errors or discrepancies discovered by customers or during product testing.
- Work closely with engineering, customers, and other stakeholders as required to help ensure the overall success of VirtualZ.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience programming server-side applications in C/C++ and Java on Linux/UNIX or Windows platforms.
- Working knowledge of cloud environments, such as Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Basic familiarity with device driver programming, TCP/IP networking, and IBM’s z/OS operating system is a plus.
- Ability to thrive in chaotic, fast-paced environments, including managing multiple competing objectives and adapting quickly to change, as well as the ability to prioritize and juggle tasks to consistently meet short deadlines.
- Prior experience working in a commercial software vendor setting is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; software engineering, computer science or other technical concentration preferred.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to welcome you to our team!