Last updated: January 2024
We are committed to protecting your personal data and privacy. This privacy notice for VirtualZ Computing Corporation (“Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our”), describes how and why we might collect, store, use, and/or share (“process“) your information when you use our software (“Software”) or services (“Services“), such as when you:
- Visit our website at virtualzcomputing.com, or any website of ours that links to this privacy notice.
- Use any of our Software, such as Lozen, Zaac, PropelZ and related Services.
- Engage with us in other related ways ― including any sales, maintenance services, consulting, marketing, or events.
What personal data do we collect, and why?
We collect personal data about you when you visit our website or use our Services. This personal data may include your name, email address, phone number, address, and other contact information. We may also collect information about your use of our website or services, such as the pages you visit, the links you click, and the products or services you view.
Sensitive Data. We do not process sensitive information.
Payment Data. We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit or use the Services. This information may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device data, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, geolocation, information about how and when you use our Services, and other technical information. This information is necessary to maintain the operation and security of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
We also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. You can find out more about this in our cookies policy.
What legal bases are used for the processing of personal data?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require that we explain the valid legal bases on which we rely to process your personal information. Thus, we may rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Performance of a Contract. We may process your personal information when we believe it is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, including providing our Services or at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your information when we believe it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests, and those interests do not outweigh your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as cooperation with law enforcement or a regulatory agency, to exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we may be involved.
- Vital Interests. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
Direct marketing data protection notice.
We may use your personal contact information, such as your name, surname, email, company name, job title, country of residence, to send you direct-marketing communications.
Where you receive a direct marketing communication from us, it is either because you or your company on your behalf have requested such communication, or because we believe the communication is of interest to you or your company based on the Services we provide to you and your company.
We may also collect your contact details from publicly available sources such as social media platforms, public databases, marketing partners or through another third-party with whom you have agreed to allow the sharing of your personal data.
When you visit our websites, you can always elect not to provide us with your contact information, but you may be unable to receive our communications or be sent information on specific products and Services.
You always have the option to unsubscribe from our direct marketing communications if you no longer wish to receive them. To unsubscribe, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the communication. After unsubscribing, your contact details will no longer be used for this purpose.
We may use third-party subcontractors to manage our marketing campaigns. When we do, they do so on our behalf and under our direction, and we ensure they agree to comply with our policies and any applicable privacy laws.
We will only retain your information as long as you want to keep receiving our direct marketing communications or to comply with our legal obligations.
How do we keep your personal data safe?
We continuously implement and maintain reasonable administrative, organizational, technical, and physical security measures to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of our systems that process your personal data.
However, while we take all appropriate and required measures to ensure the safety and security of your personal data, no electronic transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Thus, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information.
How long do we retain your personal data?
We will retain your personal data only for as long as necessary to provide you with our Software or Services, for legitimate and essential business purposes, to respond to inquiries, comply with our legal obligations, and to preserve evidence for the management of disputes, claims, or litigation. We generally retain your personal data until you request that we delete it. This personal data is limited to your contact information, specifically your name, telephone number, email address, and company name.
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data for a variety of reasons, including:
- To provide you with our Software or Services. We may process your information to deliver the requested Service to you.
- To communicate with you. We may use your information to respond to inquiries and resolve potential issues you may have with our Software or Services.
- To send information to you about your Software or Services. We may process your information to send you details about our Software or Services, changes to our terms and policies, and other similar information.
- To improve our Software or Services. We may use your information to identify usage trends in our Software or Services so that we may explore ways to improve our software or Services or the delivery of our Software or Services.
- To comply with our legal obligations. We may process your information as required by law, regulation, law enforcement, or an applicable court order, but only within the limits defined by applicable laws or regulations.
- To send you emails about our products or Software or Services. We may process your information for our marketing purposes, with your consent for this specific purpose. You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time.
- To protect our Software or Services. We may process your information as part of our ongoing efforts to keep our Software or Services safe and secure, including fraud monitoring and prevention.
How do we share your personal data?
We may share your personal data with law enforcement or other government officials if we are required to do so by law.
Cross-border transfers of personal data.
We do not transfer personal data outside of the United States unless necessary for the delivery, support, and maintenance of our Software or Services or otherwise consented by you or your company.
Where do we store your personal data?
We store personal data in data centers located in the United States.
You have the right to access, correct, or delete your personal data. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and to the transfer of your personal data to another country.
To exercise your rights, please complete our Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) form.
However, we may not be able to continue to provide our Software and/or Services if the personal data that is deleted is necessary for providing that Software and/or Services.
How to contact us.